Does your PC display the main desktop screen on a monitor that you don’t want to use as the main monitor? Would you like to change your notebook’s primary screen to a connected secondary screen? Does your computer display double or mirrored screens on all monitors when you want to expand the screens instead?
If something’s bothering you, don’t worry. In this tutorial, you will learn how to change the main display from Windows 10 to a monitor of your choice and how to configure Windows to expand the displays to other monitors instead of mirroring them if you have multiple monitors.
To change the startup screen in Windows 10
By default, Windows 10 normally selects the monitor connected to the main port of the graphics card (usually the first DisplayPort) as the main monitor. Instead of trying to change the monitor ports, you can simply change the main display by selecting the monitor of your choice as the main display on your PC via the display settings in Windows 10.
Assuming you are trying to extend your monitors to multiple monitors and select the monitor of your choice as the primary monitor, proceed as follows.
- On a Windows 10 computer, right-click anywhere on your desktop.
- Then choose the display settings from the list of options.
- In the Display Settings window, under Multiple Displays, select the option Expand these displays (instead of Duplicate these displays or Display only on 1/2, etc.) .
- At the top of the Display Setup window, under Reorder Your Displays, click Identify to see which monitor is displaying each of these numbers.
- To change the main display, click on the number displaying the monitor you want to use as the main monitor to highlight it.
- Then scroll down to the Multiview Settings and select the Set as Main Display check box.
After following the above steps, Windows 10 should display the main desktop screen, as well as all desktop icons and other items on the main monitor you just selected.
Tip: You can rearrange your ads by simply dragging and dropping the numbers that represent your screens in each direction. If you z. B. Move your secondary monitor to the top of the primary monitor on the reorganization configuration screens, you need to move the cursor to the top of the primary monitor to reach the secondary monitor.
Change the main monitor in Windows 10 using the NVIDIAcontrol panel.
Another way to change the main monitor in Windows 10 is to set it in the NVIDIA Control Panel if you are using an NVIDIA graphics card. Here’s how.
- Locate and open the NVIDIA control panel from the Start menu.
- Expand the view in the left pane and then select Configure multiple screens.
- Right-click on the monitor you want to set up as the Main Monitor and select Set Main Monitor under the drag symbols that match your display configuration.
- If you don’t know which number stands for which monitor, you can right-click on one of the monitors and click on Identify. The number it represents then appears on the monitor screen.
- Finally, click on Apply to put the changes into effect.
Extra tip : You can deactivate (or activate) any monitor you do not want to use in the Select the screens you want to use field. Simply remove the box corresponding to the monitor you wish to deactivate, or check the box if you wish to reactivate it.
Description to share : You have multiple monitors, but the main display is not on the monitor you want? Here’s how to quickly change your main monitor in Windows 10.
windows 10 main display keeps changing,change primary monitor windows 7,why is my main monitor number 2,change monitor identity windows 10,set primary monitor nvidia,switch primary monitor windows 10 shortcut,how to make second monitor primary mac,make one monitor primary,how to switch monitor 1 and 2 using keyboard,switch external display to primary monitor,how to switch monitors 1 and 2,how to make monitor main display mac,display settings shows 1/2,dual monitor setup windows 10,how to adjust screen size on second monitor,move taskbar to other monitor windows 10,windows 10 taskbar not on main screen,nvidia surround taskbar on wrong monitor,taskbar on other monitor,hide taskbar on third monitor,desktop icons on wrong monitor,3rd display greyed out,primary screen,laptop screen grayed out,how to transfer main monitor windows 10,how to change laptop screen display,multiple monitors with laptop open,use monitor instead of laptop screen,how to change primary monitor windows 8,how to change laptop screen picture,choosing external monitor for laptop,how to switch primary monitor windows 10,make this my main display greyed out windows 10,how to change monitor 1 to monitor 2 windows 10,change main display windows 10 shortcut,how to change primary monitor,how to make laptop screen primary monitor