Microsoft Outlook has a search feature that allows you to search and find specific emails, such as. For example, by the sender, the date or the folder in which they are stored. When you type words or email addresses in the search box view, emails and attachments of any type are searched for the search term and the search results are displayed. The search feature of Outlook is especially useful for users who have multiple emails in their mailbox. But sometimes, for some reason, Outlook Search does not display search results. For others, the Outlook search does not display recent emails.
Perspective 2016 research does not work
When I try to look for something in perspective, nothing happens, even if I write whole words, it doesn’t work. always says there are no search results.
Searching in Microsoft Outlook does not work
The search results are mainly related to the Windows indexing service, which creates an index of files on your computer to improve search performance. And rebuild the search index to solve Windows search problems, including Outlook search results. Moreover, corrupted Outlook PST files sometimes lead to missing search results when the Outlook service does not respond. Whatever the reason, we have 5 different solutions to fix the malfunction of the search function of Microsoft Outlook Applicable on Microsoft Office 2016/2013/2010/2007 on Windows 10.
Make sure the Windows search service is running.
- Select Start and enter CMD.
- Right-click on the command prompt and select Run as Administrator.
- Type sc config wsearch start= auto, then press Enter. You should receive an SUCCESS message.
- Type just start wsearch and press Enter. You should receive a message stating that the service has started.
The Check Outlook folder has an index value of.
This is the first thing to check, the Outlook folder is configured for indexing.
If you are using Microsoft Outlook 2007
Open Tools -> Options -> Search Options… In the indexing area you can select the database to be indexed.
Microsoft Outlook 2010 users
Open File->Options->Search->Settings Indexing…->Change->Advance Microsoft Outlook. Make sure your pst file or mailbox is displayed and selected in the list that appears in Microsoft Outlook. If it is not in the list, you will need to recreate your mail profile.
And if you are using Outlook 2013 / 2016 / 2019 / Office 365.
Open the file ->Options->Search->Parameter indexing…->Edit button. Make sure Outlook is selected here. Unlike Outlook 2007 and Outlook 2010, you cannot specify which mailboxes or pst files should be indexed in Outlook; you do not index Outlook or you do not index Outlook.
Restore MS Outlook search index
If Outlook is already highlighted and the folder is set for indexing, but the search results do not work, try rebuilding the Windows search index manually, which may help to solve problems with the Outlook search results.
- Open the control panel, select the display with small icons.
- Choose Indexing Options and then Advanced.
- In the Advanced Options window, select the Index Settings tab and click the Create new button.
This will trigger a message similar to the recovery index, which may require a connection time to run. Click OK and let Windows complete the process for you. Then reboot Windows, open Outlook and find something to fix the problem.
Restoring a corrupted Outlook PST file
If rebuilding the search index did not solve the problem, it is possible that the Outlook PST file contains an error, is damaged and the search results are not found. Run the inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) provided by Microsoft, which can analyze and correct errors in a corrupted Outlook PST file.
To start the Inbox Recovery Tool, close the window (if running) and go to the next page.
- Prospects 2016 : C: Program files (x86) Microsoft OfficerootOffice16
- Prospects for 2013 : C: Program files (x86) Microsoft OfficeOffice15
- Outlook for 2010 : C: Program files (x86) Microsoft OfficeOffice14
- Outlook for 2007 : C: Program files (x86) Microsoft OfficeOffice12
- Find the file SCANPST.EXE by double-clicking on the tool.
- Click Browse and select the PST file you want to restore.
- Press the Start button.
- It will take some time to analyze and complete the recovery process (it depends on the size of the Outlook PST file).
- Then restart the window and check how the perspective search works.
Pay attention: The Outlook PST file is mainly found in C:UsersYOURUSERNAMEAppDataLocalMicrosoftOutlook
Have these solutions solved the problem of searching in Microsoft Outlook 2016 that does not run in Windows 10? Let us know in the comments below, also to read
reports this message.
outlook search not working on mac,outlook search not working 2007,outlook indexing slow,outlook indexing options greyed out,outlook search box missing,outlook 2016 search not showing all results,rebuild outlook search index mac,how to index outlook 2007,how to index outlook 2013,how long does outlook indexing take,outlook search service,outlook search not working mac,outlook search not showing recent emails,search bar not showing in outlook,outlook web app search not working,outlook search not working after rebuilding index,outlook search not working office 365,outlook search not working windows 10,outlook search not working 2020,outlook 2010 search not working,outlook 2013 search not working,outlook 2007 search not working